Last updated: Thursday, May 2nd, 2013
- January 26 – February 2 La Santa Training Camp – a week with a few of my athletes, building early season fitness. If you’ll be on the island and want to ride, drop me an email
- April 15 – April 28 Lanzarote Training Camp – two weeks of hard training. If you’ll be on the island and want to ride, drop me an email
- May 19 Ironman Lanzarote – third time lucky; not yet been satisfied with my performance in this race.
- June 5 The Jubilee 10km Swim – another attempt at a 10K open water swim, I do not know what keeps drawing me back.
- June 17 Ironman 70.3 UK – a return to Wimbleball and an opportunity to race some of my athletes.
- June 23 – June 30 Iron Camp – one week of epic training in the mountains. If you’re interested in joining Steven Lord and me in the Pyrenees, get in touch with Pyrenees Multisport to sign up.
- July 8 Challenge Roth – another return, my second time, with the aim of finally achieving sub-9.
- May 9 – May 23 Lanzarote Training Camp – back to the training destination of choice for a couple of weeks hard work and some Ironman spectating.
- May 28 Eton Swim Open Water 10K – something needed to be done to help my swim motivation.
- June 25 – July 2 Pyrenees Multisport Iron Camp – it’s been far too long since I’ve visited the Pyrenees. A week of heavy training.
- July 24 Outlaw Triathlon – potentially a fast course and an exciting event.
- August 13 – August 21 Epic Camp France 2011 – the final Epic Camp… I couldn’t resist.
- September 18 Challenge Henley – I have to race a Challenge event on my back door.
- November 5 ITU Long Course World Championship – another chance to race in the Team GB kit and a season highlight.
- January 2 – January 18 Epic Camp New Zealand – length of New Zealand.
- March 6 Ironman New Zealand – next in the collection of southern hemisphere races
- March 28 The Lucozade Sport Race Your Pace Half Marathon – Acting as a pacer for those aiming for 8 minute miles. Should be fun and interesting to ‘race’ knowing the time you should take!
- May 22 Ironman Lanzarote – back to race it sitting on the bike properly!
- August 1 ITU Long Distance Triathlon (O3) World Championship – aiming for the podium in this one.
- October 9 Ironman World Championship Hawaii – back again with more ambitious goals
- January 18 Gatorade Queensland Tri Series race 4 – another race in the series again just down the road, slightly longer sprint this time.
- January 31 – February 9 Epic Camp New Zealand – back for more, this time not sick.
- April 5 Ironman Australia – chasing that Hawaii slot
- May 23 Ironman Lanzarote – second shot at Hawaii this year
- July 12 Quelle Challenge Roth – tick another race off the to do list
- August 2 Ironman UK – another Hawaii backup and a chance to race Ironman back home.
- October 10 Ironman World Championship Hawaii – got my slot for this year!
- October 25 ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships – closer to Hawaii than I expected, this will be a bit of a slog!
- December 5 Ironman Western Australia – back to Busselton, my favourite race on the Ironman calendar
- May 17 – May 23 Iron CAMP – a week of plenty of riding, running and swimming in the Pyrenees.
- May 24 – May 26 Tour of Wessex – 3 days and 330 miles
- June 1 Beaulieu Middle Distance Triathlon – first ‘proper’ race of the season
- June 7 – June 16 Epic Camp Italy – an even bigger week of riding, running and swimming in the Dolomites
- July 13 Ironman Switzerland – A race of the year. Aiming to improve of previous times and Hawaii
- August 2 – August 16 Mountaineering Training – climbing up to 4000m and learning the basics of Alpinism
- August 31 ITU World Long Course Championship – on the GB age group team, see how I do after Switzerland and some time off
- September 18 – September 20 Travel to Australia!
- October 5 Gold Coast Half Ironman – No Hawaii, so a local half instead
- November 2 Noosa Triathlon – too famous not to do whilst I’m there
- November 9 Port Macquarie Half Ironman – tune up race for Western Oz and hopefully find out what I can do there without a puncture!
- November 16 Gatorade Queensland Tri Series race 2 – a sprint tri 2k down the road, might as well get one more race in.
- December 7 Ironman Western Australia – another go at the sub-9:30 target and maybe Hawaii?